View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2017-10-20 Fri 16:04:08

Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Trackmania 2 
Statistical Boss

Post Re: Trackmania 2
i still don't know what you mean exactly, zell. i haven't experienced the canyon like brake features yet. anti-turbo and backwards driving seem practically unchanged. made it to cp9 without major changes. just easier in places.

edit: well, one thing. cam2 changed into something terrible, so i'll have to switch to cam1.

2013-02-27 Wed 16:19:08
Driving God

heh, it handles envmixed maps fine by saying which car or environment is missing :p

it crashes when i try to load Spectator Mode :(
bad backwards compatibility, time to file a bug report!

but Quantum Physics (Rounds) works fine

2013-02-27 Wed 16:21:25
Profile ICQ
Driving God

Apparently Hylis announced on-stage at ESWC / 10 years of TM that they will introduce mixmapping to TM2! Good job MixD :D

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 26#p193151

2013-11-06 Wed 02:29:20
Profile ICQ
Statistical Boss

haha awesome! :D

2013-11-06 Wed 07:53:04
Like a Canyon Boss

the three trackmania 2 games are all 50% off atm

2013-11-08 Fri 09:31:20
Not 4giving

Quote:
Des fois que certains seraient intéressés, le nom du prochain enviro TM est désormais connu : Lagoon. Aucune idée du gameplay par contre...

From NewBoo on LSD forums. Basically, he says that the next TM environment will be Lagoon, but nothing else is known yet.

2014-07-25 Fri 20:30:05
Profile ICQ
Not 4giving

http://store.steampowered.com/app/60072 ... ia_Lagoon/

Lagoon has been released. Anyone buying it?

Holy hell, it costs A LOT for a single environment.

2017-05-23 Tue 16:43:17
Profile ICQ

Couldn't care less about TM2 to be honest as there's no reason to give Nadeo any money with those boring heavy car physics. Wouldn't play the game even if that environment was a free update. They should have released the envis in packs of 3 as always and sell it for 50€ since now all the hype TM2 could possibly receive is lost. No one cares about Lagoon to pay 20€ for it as it's even worse environment than both Valley and Canyon. Wouldn't be surprised if Nadeo went down any moment.

2017-05-23 Tue 23:07:10
Not 4giving

Obviously they have long ago lost their passion for TM. From what I've seen and read so far, it's only worth buying at like 85% discount.

2017-05-24 Wed 15:29:45
Profile ICQ
Darkhawk

What about the promise from them to give it out free for those who own TMT?

Any info on that?

I won't buy it, that's for sure. Haven't even touched both TM titles for quite a while now even though i used to play some random tracks i downloaded in Solo once in a while but that motivation is gone for now

2017-05-24 Wed 19:03:18
Radiant

It is free for TMT owners afaik.

2017-05-25 Thu 09:56:11
Darkhawk

rad wrote:
It is free for TMT owners afaik.

as far as i could read on the maniaplanet forum (i know now why i quit reading them with all those hardcore fanboys..) apparently not and according to reddit there was a huge shitstorm on Nadeo..

2017-05-27 Sat 18:37:40
Radiant

dutchspeed said yesterday on the ko server that in order to get lagoon for free u were supposed to log in for the beta and the deadline for that was 18th of may
I don't know if this is true or not, as I haven't been interested in that myself.

2017-05-27 Sat 21:52:53

Isn't it mostly just casuals over there? So kids and old people who don't really care about how boring and bad the environments play as long as they can play the game with a keyboard (lol) and go through loops and shit which is supposed to be fun somehow, who knows how?

Sometimes I wish loops and wallrides wouldn't have ever been introduced in the game so it would have been taken more seriously as a competitive arcade racing game instead of a random stunt game as many people see it.

Dick move from Nadeo anyway not to give it free to TMT buyers though.

2017-05-27 Sat 21:59:45
Not 4giving

lolita wrote:
Isn't it mostly just casuals over there? So kids and old people who don't really care about how boring and bad the environments play as long as they can play the game with a keyboard (lol) and go through loops and shit which is supposed to be fun somehow, who knows how?

Sometimes I wish loops and wallrides wouldn't have ever been introduced in the game so it would have been taken more seriously as a competitive arcade racing game instead of a random stunt game as many people see it.

Can't fully agree with you here. What really got me into TM in the beginning was the speed and all the crazy shit provided by Island. :P And yeah, I enjoyed it for a while using keyboard.

2017-05-28 Sun 07:29:34
Profile ICQ
Radiant

lolita wrote:

Dick move from Nadeo anyway not to give it free to TMT buyers though.

1. If u mean TMT then yes, mainly/only casuals there, if u mean TM2 then no.
2. Some people are playing this game with keyboard and enjoy it. Some of them are getting decent results, some are even considered pro - on stad for example, (which is as far as I know one of the envis u consider competitive). So deal with it.
3. No loops and wallrides? Huh? If this game wouldn't offer these blocks then yeah, it would be considered more competitive and serious, but it would also have way less players, I'm not even sure if TM2 wouldn't even come to live in this case. Imagine island without all these blocks, you think a lot of people would have bought TMS back the days? These loops and wallrides on the covers were the thing that made a lot of people try out and buy this game. And the game wouldn't survive without players.
4. I'm assuming you're not referring to stunts mode in TM1 or TM2 but if you are - just fyi, it's not random.

2017-05-28 Sun 10:28:58

rad wrote:
1. If u mean TMT then yes, mainly/only casuals there, if u mean TM2 then no.
2. Some people are playing this game with keyboard and enjoy it. Some of them are getting decent results, some are even considered pro - on stad for example, (which is as far as I know one of the envis u consider competitive). So deal with it.

I was talking about TM2 forumbase hawk was referring to. I couldn't care less about what people use to play the game (TM2) with since it was designed to be played with a keyboard in the first place unlike TMU (except for desert and coast which is why you had noobs who played only those envis because they couldn't play the others because they were kb noobs) and that's its biggest sin.

rad wrote:
3. No loops and wallrides? Huh? If this game wouldn't offer these blocks then yeah, it would be considered more competitive and serious, but it would also have way less players, I'm not even sure if TM2 wouldn't even come to live in this case. Imagine island without all these blocks, you think a lot of people would have bought TMS back the days? These loops and wallrides on the covers were the thing that made a lot of people try out and buy this game. And the game wouldn't survive without players.

I would have bought it still. Never cared about loops and shit even when I bought United in 2007. Those were wack as fuck then and they still are. The game had its promise in its editor which was well made and offered infinite content to be played and trying to master each of these editors was fun and challenging.

rad wrote:
4. I'm assuming you're not referring to stunts mode in TM1 or TM2 but if you are - just fyi, it's not random.

I couldn't care less about that mode. My point is that the avarage guy outside the community will always see the game as something casual with the loops and wallrides being there and never realizes that the series is (or was) the most fun shit you can find in competitive play. Just imagine where we could be if Nadeo changed their marketing strategy.

2017-05-28 Sun 12:53:44
Radiant

lolita wrote:
I was talking about TM2 forumbase hawk was referring to. I couldn't care less about what people use to play the game (TM2) with since it was designed to be played with a keyboard in the first place unlike TMU (except for desert and coast which is why you had noobs who played only those envis because they couldn't play the others because they were kb noobs) and that's its biggest sin.

Please just tell me why do you keep avoiding mentioning stadium which is most kb friendly TM1 envi and also most popular :P

lolita wrote:
I would have bought it still.

I guess most of us here would, me too. I'm just saying that lots of people wouldn't buy it.

2017-05-28 Sun 13:15:18
Darkhawk

so tell me then, lolita, why are kb players considered "noobs" ?

In the tm scene history there were many great players who played on kb but still did better than most pad,whell or joystick players.

In general there is nothing wrong with playing on kb. As you know i did myself and came pretty far when i was at my best form (even could take on many div 1 players back in ET Leagues)

About the loops and crazy stuff: That was one of the reasons, besides the editor itself, why i was interested in the original TM1 back when it came out.

If it wasn't for all those crazy wallrides, loopings, tubes and stuff i really think the community wouldn't have been that big like it was in it's prime time back in the days.

Hell, Even Stadium has it's wallrides and stuff and ESL still accepted it in their ranks of games. And they even allow these crazy blocks on their tracks.

Now to the part of people playing only one environment: What's wrong with that? why do they have to be noobs in your mind? They just specialize in one good environment.

Weren't you yourself like that aswell with your stadium obsession? Hell you even tried to vote restarts when we wanted to train other environments for GC as example and when it didn't work you quit.. now what does that make you?

2017-05-28 Sun 15:24:34

Stadium is included in TM2 games. It can be played with keyboard for sure.

Keyboard is an inferior input method since it doesn't allow for precise enough steering in environments that actually matter. You can't play Rally, Island or fast Snow and Bay maps with it properly so it already gives you a huge disadvantage. You can't really call yourself good in TMU if you play keyboard since it only works for slow maps and coast and desert + stad (the noob environments) and thus can't play all 7 environments fast. You know this.

About stadium fullspeed: It's a joke and it should have never been accepted as a legit style. People who can't drift in the easiest environment go FS and think they are good in the game, it's rather pathetic. TMNX BOTW itself is filled with shit tons of FS maps and all of them are so ridiculously bad than even I could build better FS maps if I wanted to.

Same with people who only play desert and coast: TMU has 7 good environments and they play one because they can't do well in other 5 envis since they take more skill. Again rather pathetic. The best part about the game is its diversity and TMO or TMS only people inside TMU are even more pathetic.

Dont know what you are talking with the last paragraph. I couldn't care about Stadium in the slightest (even if I took part in all stad tourneys with DFF when it was still alive) and I was more into Island anyway even if I liked to play all if the maps were good (I prefer all other TMU envis except desert and coast over stadium, more precisely Rally > Island > Snow > Bay > Stadium > Desert > Valley > Canyon > Coast > Lagoon). But then again there's not much point in staying in the server if you already know the 2 other maps well and want to train the last online.

I think that's enough off-topic.

2017-05-28 Sun 16:43:02
Reply to topic   [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next