View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2017-06-25 Sun 06:55:10

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Trackmania Turbo 
Original

Post Re: Trackmania Turbo
Ouch

2015-11-14 Sat 12:57:01
CMC Buddy

That sounds like effective way to kill a community... What were they thinking.

2015-11-14 Sat 13:12:59

Loentje wrote:
That sounds like effective way to kill a community... What were they thinking.

Isn't dead already?

2015-11-20 Fri 19:35:25
Driving God

Apparently this game came out. So if you feel like spending another load of money to buy Stadium again, go ahead

2016-03-24 Thu 20:38:23
Profile ICQ
Radiant

I highly doubt that a lot of people are going to buy it.

2016-03-24 Thu 20:44:27
Driving God

It appears to be a waste of money even besides the bugs.

My experiences so far:
- Can't map controls for controller
- When my joystick is plugged in, the accelerator is on full, no matter what i do
- 10 minutes or more to start the game, 2 minutes loading between maps
- Can't name anything, even yourself or your tracks

2016-03-25 Fri 01:09:14
Profile ICQ
Secret

yeah was gonna buy it but after seeing all these issues reported..
and most importantly, no cam 1? really? don't know whether i should laugh of cry.

2016-03-25 Fri 07:14:46
Radiant

I was surprised to see TM Turbo in shop today in box version (cost: 109 złoty which is about 25,50 euro).

2016-03-25 Fri 16:52:30

The new environment looks kind of fun, it reminds me of Island. Other than that the game doesn't have many good aspects.

2016-03-25 Fri 19:18:54
Driving God

Apparently Hylis will make TM2 Lagoon free for people who bought Turbo

I still haven't been able to try the new env because I can't drive

2016-03-25 Fri 22:30:27
Profile ICQ
Driving God

I found out about one nice change: the campaign maps now have a level above Nadeo medals, some super-Nadeo medals, driven by a few of those solo nolifers like Riolu. Nice to finally have medals that aren't trivial to beat! :D

2016-03-25 Fri 23:17:11
Profile ICQ
Darkhawk

Hell i really really regret buying this game.. let myself go with the damn hype......

First of all my favorite cam view is simply gone (Cam 1) :X

Car "customization":

you have a set of different body skins, a set of different little stickers which are automatically placed on certain spots of the cars and you have those numbers which are, except for stadium, always on the roof of the car.

And then there are those different materials but i have no idea what the difference is. I can't see any when i switch through them.

90% of those customizations are locked and are awarded through the campaign by driving gold/trackmaster medals.

Track Editor: They actually implemented the classic editor which is really nice, but i miss some of the decoration blocks from the nadeo tracks in it like the 3D TM Logo and the tyres(tires?) on Lagoon.

Also a limit of 8500 Coppers maximum so rip long tracks and much decoration...

The random track editor is funny to watch but after a few tries you've seen every variation it has programmed which is really not that much. Also it loves making 90° curves and u-turns ^^

Lagoon is great to drive except for those wooden platform parts and the standard road loopings which make you drift all of a sudden when the car had 1000% grip on the rest of the road blocks!

The wooden platforms feel completely deplaced. You have this whole envi being about 1000% grip except on the beach parts and then this comes up and you're sliding like you are on ice!

The whole game feels like a quick cashcow for Nadeo, before they are ready to announce a proper TM game.

They limited the game waaaay too much imo. The consoles could've done a lot more but it seems No one bothered to tell Nadeo this so they rather cut out core content...

One funny sidenote: In Task Manager, the game is listed as Maniaplanet.exe (99)

2016-03-26 Sat 00:15:32
Secret

Zooz wrote:
I found out about one nice change: the campaign maps now have a level above Nadeo medals, some super-Nadeo medals, driven by a few of those solo nolifers like Riolu. Nice to finally have medals that aren't trivial to beat! :D

that's the only reason i still want to get this game. sounds like a pretty good challenge if riolu, tween etc spent months driving those records.

don't really care about customisation and the editor limitations that much, and lagoon looks fun as hell, especially the rollercoaster parts.

i just see no reason to remove a camera angle thats been in the game since the very start and not to mention the offline leaderboards. what the hell?

2016-03-26 Sat 12:47:58
Not 4giving

I wish they had those medals for TMU tracks...

And from all I can see, TMT definitely isn't worth spending any money on it, as I'd expected.

2016-03-26 Sat 13:07:22
Profile ICQ
Driving God

I quite like the randomly generated tracks, it reminds me of my mapping style :D

I made a random track generator for TMU some years ago, but never really finished it... Was fun though!

2016-03-26 Sat 19:21:14
Profile ICQ
Darkhawk

Zooz wrote:
I quite like the randomly generated tracks, it reminds me of my mapping style :D

I made a random track generator for TMU some years ago, but never really finished it... Was fun though!

The problem is that the random track generator has way too less variations saved like the 2 sec wallride on Stadium or a certain magnetic road placement and they completely forgot to give this thing the other curve variants! :D

2016-03-26 Sat 23:13:39
pls

so who´s buying trackmania turbo ? :p

2016-03-28 Mon 14:58:53
Profile ICQ
CMC Buddy

I bought it for PS4 actually. Big waste of money. Should have read this topic instead of reading the reviews online. The reviews are really surprisingly positive. Maybe the game is fun for people who never Trackmania before, but for me this is really a big disappointment.

The solo campaign was already a bit of a disappointment. I can see my ranking, but can't see the other peoples names...

So, after the disappointment of the solo campaign, I thought I would play online for a bit. Then I remembered, you need to have a playstation plus subscription to play online. I already paid 40 euros for this game, and now I need to pay a monthly fee for playing online. In hindsight it maybe was not a very good idea to buy this game for PS4, or at all really. Don't have a windows desktop machine (well I still have it somewhere, there is just no more network cable) anymore, so buying it for PS4 seemed like a good idea at first. Anyway, probably not going to pay for Playstation Plus. At least not specifically for TM. Maybe if there are other fun games that require me to have Playstation Plus.

Also Lagoon is really confusing if you ask me. The normal roads are actually quite fun to drive. It takes some time to get used to, but I think with a bit of training I would have been fine. But then there is also these wooden roads... and the magnet stuff. Seriously, was Hylis high when he came up with that.

When playing Lagoon I really started to miss my PC. I miss alt+f4. I can't do rage quits anymore, which was one of the nice features of playing TM on pc.

:punch: Nadeo

2016-03-30 Wed 22:48:05
Darkhawk

yeah the reviews are too positive.

Gamestar, biggest gaming magazine in germany, gave it a 87 (99) They didn't even mention anything about missing key features from the past games.

Only thing they did for no reason was bring up "missing AI" or sth like that *facepalm* and they knew exactly that there never was any AI in the older games..

2016-03-31 Thu 10:34:52
Darkhawk

Apparently Hylis decided to write something against the haters etc..which made it even worse (99)

No Cam 1 ->
Quote:
Would I take the example of Camera 1, since it was decided to put only one external camera, then it more logicial/fair to keep this the same on all versions. If people say it's diffcult to switch from one version to another, it would only confirm that going from PC on PS4, on Trackmania Turbo itself would be complicated.

I don't really get what the hell he try's to tell us. Other developers would hear the feedback and give stuff like this to the players with the next patch.. I actually believe Nadeo doesn't want to patch the game at all after reading the rest of his text..

https://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic ... 24&t=37718

Just read for yourselves. I for myself think they completely failed with TMT and totally underestimate what the consoles could do and couldn't do.

2016-03-31 Thu 14:49:17
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next