View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2019-09-23 Mon 13:09:09

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Zooz's tracks 
Driving God

Post Re: Zooz's tracks
https://tm.mania-exchange.com/s/tr/157992

my 3rd ever track in TM2, fortunately it's Desert.

2019-02-09 Sat 18:19:49
Profile ICQ
Driving God

Something interesting from the archives, from the days in which we were working on mixmapping and I tried to build a random map generator:
https://united.tm-exchange.com/main.asp ... 30487#auto

Never before seen, except by Mix, I think!

2019-03-20 Wed 02:07:24
Profile ICQ
ThingKing

Yeah, good times. ;)

2019-03-20 Wed 20:15:34
Profile WWW

Juhu faster than Zooz.

xD

2019-03-20 Wed 21:12:56
pls

good job Manu keep it up :D

2019-03-21 Thu 00:01:11
Profile ICQ
Driving God

my rejected ULR Desert track...

https://united.tm-exchange.com/main.asp ... 33487#auto

it's good, but i guess it didn't have enough hairpins and/or transitions. I even added a dirt hairpin...

2019-03-23 Sat 17:27:18
Profile ICQ
pls

nice name ^^

2019-03-23 Sat 17:31:56
Profile ICQ

I like most of the parts especially the start, but the end is too quick in my opinion and also the roadpart at 30 seconds I would crash all the time. :D
I like the tighter desert tracks, like from Toubib. Always worked best for me in the past. :D

Next time I have to know where to send the tracks, did hear about ULR too late.

2019-03-23 Sat 18:18:55
Radiant

It's not too late fpr ULR2, they're still looking for maps for 5 environments, you can send snow maps this week. More details on this discord server: https://discord.gg/fencse, the ULR2 #announcement channel.

2019-03-23 Sat 18:31:34
Radiant

Zooz wrote:
my rejected ULR Desert track...

https://united.tm-exchange.com/main.asp ... 33487#auto

it's good, but i guess it didn't have enough hairpins and/or transitions. I even added a dirt hairpin...

I see you forgot to mention that it's not the same track :P I guess we all forget stuff though, so it's understandable xD
The reason the original map was rejected was because it was judged lower than other maps btw, this is not ET league ;)

2019-03-23 Sat 19:25:19
Driving God

I did not forget, I thought it was obvious, as the submission was only a layout, not a finalized map:
Quote:
you guys just need to create layout (with atleast signs)

After that, I finished the map to release it.

No it's not the ET league, full maps were requested there, and they gave proper feedback... I expected that we would get feedback to make a final version, not have it rejected for having cuts even before any scenery was added, with no one telling me about the cuts...

It's not the ET league, it's amateur hour, and I am not confident that the maps will be less shitty than last time with this procedure.

2019-03-23 Sat 19:57:06
Profile ICQ
Radiant

Zooz wrote:
I did not forget, I thought it was obvious, as the submission was only a layout, not a finalized map:
Quote:
you guys just need to create layout (with atleast signs)

After that, I finished the map to release it.

So you did forget, since the route is different as well.

Zooz wrote:
No it's not the ET league, full maps were requested there, and they gave proper feedback... I expected that we would get feedback to make a final version, not have it rejected for having cuts even before any scenery was added, with no one telling me about the cuts...

Judges were giving their votes based only on the trackroutes in a 0-10 scale. Additionally tracks were getting points for general stuff, for example shortcuts. 1 point if no shortcuts were found, 0 points if track had a shortcut. So the shortcuts had very little influence on the fiinal score and none of the maps was rejected because of having shortcuts xD . Let me also say, that one of the chosen deserts currently has a shortcut.
And well, I'm also a bit skeptical about this system, although it's much better already than what ULR had.
Also, I'd like to remind you that some of the maps were also being rejected without asking for any modifications during ET testing phases. And anyway, the only reason I mentioned ET leagues is that it would appear that author's logins had some influence on what the final mappacks looked like.

2019-03-23 Sat 20:44:59
Driving God

Oh, pf. In ET I tended to give lower scores to maps of other ET admins because we always got complaints about this... I guess the influence of the author logins here is that it's a fun tradition to complain about Zooz maps, since no one is giving me any insightful constructive feedback on my Desert map!

The route is only different in the tunnel because I did get feedback about this, and I extended it at the start because I felt the map was too short.

in ET the maps that got rejected immediately were only the really bad ones, that were clearly not designed as competition maps.

2019-03-23 Sat 21:23:56
Profile ICQ
pls

tons of bullshit they talked there in discord today ^^

2019-03-24 Sun 01:36:02
Profile ICQ

Why -1 points for cuts? Sometimes cuts can be intended. I also sometimes had intentional cuts which only won like .2 seconds or little tricks. A shame when you get -1 point for it because it makes the track demanding to find the best line or a small cutting. For example on my rally UL4 map Sweet Dream the first cut over the grass cutting the chicane after about 5 seconds is a cut but intended. The cut at the end before the tunnel was not intended btw. :D We found it because LM guys where driving it I think and then everybody used it.

2019-03-24 Sun 13:48:02
Radiant

If it was up to me, I wouldn't consider shortcuts during judging phase at all, especially since routes could have been submitted without the scenery which is usually being used to block shortcuts, also the authors weren't informed that the routes should be cutfree already.
As I said though, shortcuts have very little influence on the final map score, I highly doubt that they are gonna decide about anything.

2019-03-24 Sun 15:39:51
Driving God

https://united.tm-exchange.com/main.asp ... 37364#auto

my Island track that will probably require more careful driving and less TAnoobing than the selected ULR2 ones...

2019-03-28 Thu 00:54:30
Profile ICQ
Driving God

Snow track: https://united.tm-exchange.com/main.asp ... 43209#auto

There is no way that there were 2 other Snow tracks that are better than this for a rounds team competition that people stream... this map would be great to watch with this finish! Some of the judges must be totally incompetent, sorry. I guess they said it was "too difficult" and we'll get a boring map like the Garfield one again... Looking forward to complaining about the ULR2 maps.

2019-04-03 Wed 20:51:05
Profile ICQ
Statistical Boss

Ohh I like this one. That would've been a fun one to train and drive...

My snow map wasn't selected either. It was quite tricky as well.

2019-04-04 Thu 06:20:07
pls

Zooz wrote:
Snow track: https://united.tm-exchange.com/main.asp ... 43209#auto

There is no way that there were 2 other Snow tracks that are better than this for a rounds team competition that people stream... this map would be great to watch with this finish! Some of the judges must be totally incompetent, sorry. I guess they said it was "too difficult" and we'll get a boring map like the Garfield one again... Looking forward to complaining about the ULR2 maps.

pacha posted it was 1 of his fav. ulr maps but didnt got selected?

2019-04-05 Fri 09:35:09
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next