View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2019-10-18 Fri 02:29:41

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Varsity's Application 

Post Varsity's Application
'Sup? :mrgreen:
I heard you like applications, so I put one up! O,O
Like this:

1. What's your in-game nickname?

Varsity (also known as n3crid)

2. What's your in-game login?
TM2 / cxj0991
TMU / n3crid

3. How old are you?

4. Where are you from?

Germany, Hessen, Wetzlar

5. What controller do you use (keyboard, gamepad, joystick, wheel)?

Padplayer, I'm using a Logitech RumblePad 2

6. What are your best (racing) environments?

BEST <|> WORST
ISLAND, DESERT > SNOW > RALLY(which depends on the track) >>> STADIUM >>> COAST >>>>>> BAY
I freakin' hate Bay...
Just for the records this doesn't mean in can't drive Coast/Bay even if my live depends on it, actually I kinda can, but not that fast and /or consistent as my Top 3!

Somewhere between Snow and Rally is Canyon, I guess. This Environment also depends on the track, since I found out I can't drive Canyon for shit, if the map sucks hard imho.
Like most of them did in TWL1... Was not fun at all.

7. Are you applying for both TMU and TM2, or just one of those?
I'd like to apply for both but for UNITED it would be more a "just 4 fun" of racing mindset.

8. Which teams have you previously been in?

-hr- / haunted racers (beginning of the TMU "lifecycle" with EasyX and Xaorn the "Coastbeast")
ps' / Powerspeeders
GSN;GN / GameSNirvana;Global Nirvana

9. Have you driven in other team competitions, and if so, which ones? What were your results/team/division (if you remember them)?
Gee whiz... I still remember all stuff, but it would be a pain to list in here... So, if you're really interested in that look it up on ET and start with UL2/-hr-/n3crid and go up from there. Biggest succes in team were definitely the times with GSN/GN
My best result in a "non-team" competition has to be the DBC9! (got rank 28)

10. Do you know any members of CMC?
Well, since I started at the beginning of the "TMU-lifecycle", I "know" a bunch of the CMC crew. And with know I mean driven against them online and stuff. First rememberable contact was with Bramble, Boumsong and Zell in UL2. (Band of Brothers was the team... I even recall them winning the div., without looking it up!)
And I think the only one who is really one of my "fans" is JumperJack. Which has to be because of my "GENIUS" mapping SK!LLZ!

11. Do you play online, and if so, which kind of servers do you prefer?

Tech, Leauge-Tech but most of the time I drive on these "Shorttracks"-servers since they're the most common.

12. Do you build maps? Give links to TMX or other download if appropriate.
Yeah! I freaking love building maps! I think i don't need to put up a link just look them up on TMX. Author is "Varsity", go figure. You can even look into my old shit, if you're that cruel under the name "n3crid"...

13. What's your favourite TM map?

Too many! But let's name some Authors I really like:
Kyo, Dengel, Nillstorn, Jumperjack, Arkone, Toubib... These names came spontaneously in mind so they have to be good...

14. What's the best single map block, or block usage in any version of TrackMania?
Honestly? That has to be the start/end block for rounds mode since it has two key elements of building a track in one block.

15. Do you have other skills or experience that might be useful or interesting to CMC?
The writing, maybe... The fact if I actually start something I'll end it no matter how much i f***ed up. I'll end with a big success or the biggest f*** up ever! I can be a stubborn one, in a good and/or a bad way.

16. Are you active in other parts of the TrackMania community? Give some links to your accounts on other TM sites if appropriate.
Beside the TMX-sites I have no accounts. Since I'm more of a lurker and have the most important TM-sites all in my favorites for a quick access.

17. Have you ever cheated in TrackMania?
(o_O)" ... NO! Neither have I in any other game I ever played competitively!

18. What's the best smiley on this forum?
:figos:

19. What's better: mermaids or ponies?

Freakin' mermaids man! Especially the ones with morphing abilities. They f*** you up real hard if you combo them right. Man I love my morphdeck... *Blubb* ... MTG FTW!

20. To slow a car down, do you use "brakes" or "breaks"?

Brakes for sure, but fun fact. I once tapped the brakebutton so hard that I broke my old Pad. That's how i got my RumblePad 2.

21. Give links to your best dedimania times on recent ET League Tracks (for TMU, e.g. from UL8; for TM2, e.g. from TWL0). Alternatively, give links to (or attach) some of your best replays on those tracks.

Look em up on the Dedimania site, since I don't even have a clue anymore. No really I would have to look up my Replay folder but for some weird reason it's empty... There were for sure some TOP 30 rankings in it...

22. Why do you want to join CMC, and not any other team? (write a bit about your motivation)
I guess I try to step it up somehow, or at least get in the mood for it. And out of all the teams I definitely think CMC is one of the better choices to achive that goal of mine! The international touch is also nice and you are still there, which can't be said for most of the TM teams in history!

Regards,
Varsity

2012-07-18 Wed 15:18:53
manster

Post Re: Varsity's Application
Welcome to the forums!

2012-07-18 Wed 16:11:23
Swift

Welcome to the forums, nice application there! :thumbu:

2012-07-18 Wed 16:12:43
Hard Pony

Hehe, welcome to the forums.

We've definitely had lots of good matches vs GN. ^^

Good luck!

2012-07-18 Wed 16:15:46
Daddy Cool

wow.. awesome application O.O maybe the best one xD

welcome to the forums and good luck! :)

2012-07-18 Wed 16:23:14
le wild

He's in love with Figos, I see...

Welcome and good luck broh.

2012-07-18 Wed 16:32:35
pls

Welcome to the forum another german guy ;) wuhu ;) :D

goodl uck

2012-07-18 Wed 17:51:31
Profile ICQ
Never Gonna Let You Down

Welcome to the forums, nice application ;)

I went and looked up when I first played against you. It was:

UL2 Division 9: BoB vs -HR-

:ogog:

2012-07-18 Wed 17:52:39
Radiant

Welcome to the forums ;) I remember you from -HR-, I was talking and playing TMU a lot with -HR-Master these times. I remember some of your good recs and some of your maps from TMX, too. GSN too, of course. Good luck!

2012-07-18 Wed 22:32:12
Statistical Boss

omg varsity, with the insane mapping skills, but also insane application skills apparently! :D

welcome to the forums, we'll get back to you shorty, after our internal discussion.

nice to see you here mate! ;)

2012-07-19 Thu 07:29:00
Statistical Boss

well, i could've read the internal discussion first, since it was positive, so welcome to CMC's trial/rookie period! ;)

loads of team information, including tag codes, can be found in the info pack.

the first team competition coming up will be TWL2. if you'd say for yourself, would you prefer to drive in division 1 or 2?

also, what is most important in our team, is that you communicate. be active on the forums, tell us when you want to drive, and when you're not able to drive, or go inactive for a while, just let us know. oh, and spam-a-lot!

welcome again! we hope you'll have a great time with us! :D

wanna make a map together? ^^

2012-07-19 Thu 07:34:23
Never Gonna Give You Up

Welcome to the team! Great to see you here - many great memories of battles from BoB and CMC over the years... damn we are all getting old lads!

2012-07-19 Thu 08:17:17
Hard Pony

Welcome to the team! What Boumsong said.

Good to have you on board! :ogog:

2012-07-19 Thu 08:32:51
Daddy Cool

Welcome to the team! :)

2012-07-19 Thu 09:01:00
Never Gonna Let You Down

2012-07-19 Thu 09:08:42
Like a Canyon Boss

Hello there and welcome!

2012-07-19 Thu 09:41:26
ThingKing

Why did the scarecrow win a Nobel prize?

Also, hi Varsity, welcome to the forums and CMC's trial period!

2012-07-19 Thu 10:41:46
Profile WWW

Whow... That went well, somehow. Maybe too well but ignore that I'm just thinking out loud at this point. O,O

Thank you all for the nice welcoming! :)

Let's get right into the whole info "stuff", i guess.

About the question which division, I'd like to give div. 1 a try. Since I'm ambitious enough and I actually don't have a problem at all if my times won't get me a place in an actual match. It's about improvement. But careful with that it's what I would say RIGHT NOW!

For the whole "being active" thing that should be no problem at all, however right now bear with me a little, since I got quite some RL-issues which have to be addressed. I just got home from a psychiatric ward, spent 6 weeks in it, yada yada yada. So I had to let some things slide. (I'm quite an interesting person... indeed :animal:)

Same thing for TM! The main goal right now for me is TWL2 and getting into the game by mapping and stuff. I don't now if my time(s) will allow it for stuff like TGC1. Get it? Because of my RL stuff and my bad drive... Ok, that one was bad...

Oh yeah and JJ, pm me about the mapping thing. Sounds intriguing! <3

Again thanks to all of you and I guess there is only one left to say...

:ogog: :ogog: :ogog:

Regards,
Varsity

2012-07-19 Thu 11:33:18

He doesnt mention me in his "who do i know"...So i have to say, i dont want his in cmc really..

Oh wait, this isnt the internal discussion O,O

Hello Varsity <3
Nice to read your name here and welcome to the rookiesquad! :)

2012-07-19 Thu 11:44:07
Profile ICQ WWW
Radiant

Welcome to the rookie squad :ogog:

2012-07-19 Thu 12:47:03
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next