View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2017-08-20 Sun 20:50:07

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Degni's App 

Post Degni's App
Yo, hello there, I don't really know if you guys are still recruiting or somewhat active, but i'm willing to try!

General Questionnaire
1. What's your in-game nickname?
Ðegni D James
2. What's your in-game login?
degni
3. How old are you?
20, almost 21.
4. Where are you from?
Brazil, São Paulo.
5. Which games (TMU/TM2/SM) are you applying to join CMC for?
TMU!
6. Which teams have you previously been in?
I played in a not well known brazilian team named GARRA back on 2009, and as a temporary sub for 711, MixtoQuente and SpeedBr, all brazilian teams.
7. Do you intend to play any of TMU/TM2/SM in another team?
Not really, CMC gets my full attention!
8. Do you know any members of CMC?
Honestly, i've only played with some members back on the day, like Zooz for example, i don't remember if I talked with anyone.
I'd like to mention i've returned to TrackMania this year in february, after a almost 4 years non playing, and I played with Hena on B3 Coast server! :mrgreen:
9. Do you use IRC? If so, what's your nickname on Quakenet?
I know what is, but i never used before.
10. Do you build maps? If so, provide links to some of your best works.
Never got anything good enough to upload, nor tried again recently. :'(
11. Do you have any other skills, experience, knowledge, or resources that might be useful or interesting to CMC?
I am an english teacher here in Brazil, but you guys know english pretty well, so i... don't know? LOL. Jokes aside, i like to call myself a content creator, nothing fancy, i was a DJ on a radio station here, and I worked with television, so if you guys need an writer or someone to create an article, I am the guy. :jj:
12. Are you active in other parts of the TrackMania or ManiaPlanet community? e.g. What's your TMX login, etc.
I tried the TM² for a while, but when i saw TMU on sale in the steam market i uninstalled the game. I think my login was armiris or degni, i don't remember at all, sorry. :'(
13. Have you ever used cheats?
Just to steal somebody's heart. <3 (no homo)
14. What's better: mermaids or ponies?
Hmmm... I like redheads and upperparts, so mermaids! <"}}}><
15. Pick any subject and say something interesting, useful, or funny.
Hmmm, well, interestingly (or not) I'm one of the few brazilians who still plays Coast, (we are on 4 i believe, lol) i treasure this game mode the most, and i was preeeety darn happy to see that TMU is not dead after 4 years since I dropped the game. I've met lots of players whom i played back on the day, and I remember the day when I was playing on Zooz's RoC server, it was when I got 90k for the first time, and BAM, he entered the server and I was like OH GOD, THE NUMBER ONE IS IN THE AREA IN MY FIRST TRY??? I didn't know how to react, I was only telling myself I BETTER NOT SCREW THIS UP, i mean, seriously? How i'm supposed to win against this guy? In the end I only won a desert race in that day, *cof* because everybody crashed hard *cof*. Just to clear, i'm hoping to raise coast popularity... someday... again. A guy can dream, right?
16. Why do you want to join CMC, and not any other team? (Write a bit about your motivation)
Mainly because of the impact the team had on me, i've always remembered CMC and Zooz as the number one spot, even when i was not playing, and after searching the forums a little bit, i've noticed that everybody seems like a cool person to talk, and to mention Hena kicked my ass on Coast :( I'm still training to make some good times again.
The history of the team is what got me wanting to join, I don't have a lot of experience on the events you guys participated, because here in Brazil, ironically, racing games aren't that popular, so the only way to know about some sort of a TrackMania event, (who isn't even nearly popular, and, unfortunately, never was.) is being part of an active community, back on the day I remember seing a thing or two in the TM forums, but I never got myself to watch. I don't know if you guys still have competitions happening though, but I really want to join to be the brazilian part of the team, (I'm hoping to be the first one LOL) showing that we got some good people racing in this country, I'm trying to be the best ranked brazilian, and I'm almost there. Nowadays I'm just climbing the ladder to get my spot on the 90k+ again, breaking records and sometimes trying to be a submarine, because nobody is perfect.

Trackmania Questionnaire
17. What controller do you use (keyboard/gamepad/joystick/wheel)?
Keyboard, I had a controller back then, but now money is short to buy a good one, so i stick with the ol' good keyboard.
18. What are your best and worst environments?
Coast is my best and favorite by far, and worst it's probably Rally or Snow, I never really tried to race on those.
19. Have you played in team competitions before? If so, in which ones, in which division, and what were your results?
Nothing too fancy, just LAN contests, and only back in 2009. I don't remember the results, but I remember we kicked ass in some clanfronts, and we got our asses kicked in only one against 711, I was in GARRA in that time.
20. Do you play online, and if so, which kind of servers do you prefer?
Coast servers only, and sometimes those Very Shorts when the people in the coast servers go to bed, and i'd like to mention that having only one competitive coast server is actually pretty awesome, everyday the same people is racing there, it's like having a sacred meeting. :mrgreen:
21. Give links to your best dedimania times on recent ET League Tracks (for TMU, e.g. from UL9; for TM2, e.g. from TWL1). Alternatively, give links to (or attach) some of your best replays on those maps.
I was/am a casual kinda of player, i don't have anything recent to show you guys, sorry! :'(

That's it, i respect this team a LOT, i believe it's the team i remember the most back in the day, good luck for me, i guess! :thumbu:

2014-03-17 Mon 01:27:35
Profile WWW
Statistical Boss

Post Re: Degni's App
welcome to the forums, and thanks for your extensive application. we'll discuss it within our team, and get back to you as soon as possible. ;)

2014-03-17 Mon 07:14:34
le wild

Haha, I wanted to join CMC because of Zooz's laddernoobing too, good old days... :'( Welcome and good luck !

P.S: Eu sou português :34

2014-03-17 Mon 07:43:07
Never Gonna Let You Down

Welcome to the forums :sail:

2014-03-17 Mon 08:19:43
Darkhawk

Welcome to the forums and Good Luck! Nice Application aswell!

We have a few kb players here, including rad and me, so don't worry about that part :P

2014-03-17 Mon 09:58:16
Daddy Cool

Welcome

2014-03-17 Mon 10:10:54
ThingKing

Welcome to the forums! CMC is mainly a league-driving clan. Are you interested in driving leagues with CMC, and would you be able to play at normal match times for ET leagues? Qualifying and matches typically run for about 2.5 hours between about 19:30 and 22:30 Berlin time on some day from Monday to Thursday. There's probably a league starting in a few weeks.

Right now São Paulo is four hours behind Berlin.

2014-Feb-16 : 4 hours behind
2014-Mar-30 : 5 hours behind
2014-Oct-18 : 4 hours
2014-Oct-26 : 3 hours

2014-03-17 Mon 13:53:54
Profile WWW
Radiant

Welcome to the forums and good luck! :ogog:

2014-03-17 Mon 16:47:21

Yo, thanks for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it! Good to see there's portuguese speakers as well, muito obrigado, rapazes!

Sure, I can give a try in the ET Leagues, I'm no Ayrton Senna but i'm up to new challenges! The only thing it's I have work tuesdays and thursdays in the afternoon, and saturday on the morning, but the rest of the week I'm pretty much free to practice and play.

2014-03-17 Mon 21:07:37
Profile WWW
Darkhawk

usually, standard match days for the 3vs3 cups is Wednesday, so you should have no problem with that ;)

We're still discussing your application though

2014-03-17 Mon 21:47:23

No problem at all! I'm usually at home working (or sleeping, probably sleeping).

And hey, no rush in the application, i am curious about it though. :P

2014-03-18 Tue 02:37:05
Profile WWW

Welcome to teh forums!

2014-03-18 Tue 15:31:53
Statistical Boss

alright degni. first of all, we reviewed your application, and it is definitely one of the best written ones we've got the past months.

however, since you have little to no experience in league racing, and none of us know you yet, we'd like to drive a couple of rounds with you sometimes this week or next week.

it would be very handy if you could install an IRC-client and go to the #cmc channel in Quakenet. while most of the communication takes place on this forum, appointments like this are usually way easier to plan in a chatroom. usually there will be some of our members idling there.

we're looking forward to drive a couple of rounds with you!

2014-03-20 Thu 19:39:43

Thanks for the reply! I'm usually like this with applications and this kind of stuff. :mrgreen:

Sure, next week seems fine to me, i'll get the IRC-client to plan the races, and i'm looking forward for the opportunity to race with you guys as well!

Also, i must say, you guys with those welcome messages, it's making me feel really good, thanks for having me.

2014-03-20 Thu 20:19:53
Profile WWW

Yo, i've downloaded the mIRC client! Whenever you guys are free, just tell me.

2014-03-24 Mon 05:32:40
Profile WWW
Statistical Boss

okay great! i think it's best if you hop on irc when you're available and see if there's someone in the team available for a couple of rounds. it's hard for us to know in advance when we are free.

look for Tunga or Darkhawk there, they will probably drive with you. it might take a couple of tries to catch someone. ;)

2014-03-24 Mon 07:57:32

No biggie! Imma hop in the channel and see if anyone want to go in a date race with me. :mrgreen: B-be gentle, it's my first time.

I'm training Coast a bit, and i've bought a joystick, they might deliver in wednesday i believe.
It's not a mega super hyper blaster joystick of doom, but a neat one, i wanted to see if is the keyboard what is holding me back, because i saw my old dedimania records and, damn, i was flying low in the races, and now i'm a kind of consistent but cautious racer, i tend to slow down my car a lot until i figure out what is the best way to make the turn.

2014-03-24 Mon 17:08:23
Profile WWW
Statistical Boss

hehe a little practice and a joystick will do wonders. ;)

some people are on irc right now and driving online, so you can join them!

2014-03-24 Mon 19:35:11

Welcome to our forum :D

2014-03-24 Mon 21:21:05
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Thanks for the rides and the laughs today guys, it was pretty sick!

2014-03-25 Tue 00:40:23
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next