View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2020-02-17 Mon 22:24:55

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 angelhard's application 

Post angelhard's application
Hello CMC!

Before this christmas period, i started to rediscover Trackmania United. When i started the game, it is displayed that the last start was 647 days ago. I must confess that it is still a great game, from certain aspects it is even better than Maniaplanet. After that experience i played for hours on TMU servers everyday. I decided that i want to be a part of TMU community/team. So, here i am on your forum.

It is important that i am a founder member and active player for a "TM2:Stadium" team, called Team Foenix. I won't leave them, so if it is a problem, then my application is pointless. :D

So who am i?

Nickname/login: angelhard
Last Name: David
Nationality: Hungarian

I started to play Trackmania in 2003. The story is the same as many of us. TMO ---> TMS ---> TMN ---> TMU ---> TM2.

How could i describe myself? I don't want to be uppish, but i am pretty good at stadium environment. When i played seriously, i was in iGn-esports (belgian organization) as a tech squad leader and player. After i joined in Trackmania Heroes Europe, and we played tech in the highest leagues with pretty good results. Then i joined in MnM Gaming for a short period. When i got older, playing trackmania transformed to an only fun leisure activity. That was the period when i "went back" to the hungarian community and we created Team Foenix, which is still active since 2016. In stadium we still participate at events like TMM, CPS, TMO etc., and actually any event where we can. We also have a "dirt" line-up, which is at a pretty good level in the scene. I also led two hungarian teams and we won several hungarian champs (Hungarian Team Championship, Hungarian Mini Cups etc.).

In TMU my performance is pretty hectic, not the same at every environment. I think i am above average at coast. I also can do good times at Snow, Desert and Bay, but i have to train those much more to get a good time. Actually i am struggling at Rally and Island. I am a keyboard player, so its not too surprising. Primarely i have been a stadium player back then, so i never was in a TMU team. Ohh wait, i was for a short period in a french time xtD. But those few weeks was like nothing. Don't get me wrong i always played United envis, but back then when we had only TMF, it never was the first priority. Nowadays, as a competitive-type player, it is pointless to play stadium in TMF, so i only play on TMU servers.

As a community member i am founder of the Trackmania.hu Discord server where we have ~100 members nowadays. I also founder of Foenix Gaming Community, which is a spin-off of Team Foenix for other games (like CSGO, PUBG etc.). I was an organizer or co-organizer of some events for the hungarian community. We have a yearly cup (Hungarian Solo Cup), usually with 4 sub-race a year. One of them is a LAN event at Budapest. I also organized FormulaTM for several years. It is a fun event with tracks based on "real life" circuits. And i could continue the list, 16 years isnt a short period.

As you can see i am a community-type guy. I like the make and be part of a communities, also like to organize "things". That is why i try to find a community in TMU.

So thats it, if you have any question, feel free to ask. :)

2019-12-30 Mon 14:13:06
Statistical Boss

Post Re: angelhard's application
Welcome to the forum angelhard! Thank you for your application. :)

2019-12-30 Mon 16:15:15
Not 4giving

Hello there! Welcome to the forums!

That's one well written application. But I think our decision won't be hasty as the team are in a sort of a post-league hangover and we are in a festive period with Christmas and NY, I believe (not sure how things work in different countries).

2019-12-30 Mon 16:21:07

Thanks JumperJack and Forgot10! :)

Forgot10: I am not in hurry, so it is not a problem.

2019-12-30 Mon 17:06:42
Darkhawk

heey welcome, angelhard!

As stated by F10 it could take a while to discuss your application but we'll come back to you asap ;)

2019-12-30 Mon 18:47:34

Thanks Serres!

I wish you guys a great winter holiday and a happy new year. :)

2019-12-30 Mon 19:38:59
ThingKing

Season's greetings and good wishes to you too. :)

Very intriguing application. We'll discuss it a little internally. Straight away I can tell you that your status in Foenix isn't a problem at all. ;)

2019-12-31 Tue 00:50:28
Profile WWW
Driving God

Hey!

Indeed, we've had other members in the past who were in a different team for Stadium, such as Bergie. Demo games don't count :D

2019-12-31 Tue 00:52:46
Profile ICQ
Darkhawk

A little question simply out of curiosity:

Why us? and how did you find our forum? Did someone recommend us to you maybe? :)

2019-12-31 Tue 09:48:22

As i said i play this game since 2003. I know your team long ago. I mean, i saw your achievements, your results at tournaments. I also saw some of you on public servers. CMC team has a history, it is not just another "mix" team. CMC has a stable core, which means its probably will exist as long as Trackmania exist. This is why i want to join here and not any other teams.

2019-12-31 Tue 12:17:35

If you want to watch me "on the road", here are some of my videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m1Q5kUlL_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ri_83J1kDg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv13g8pFszY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz3bnlCgIwk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4edSF3a3Ko
https://vimeo.com/381234594

I have only one TMU video on coast envi. But i can make some if it is needed. :)

Btw, Vanilla, Frizzante and Yello are my own maps. I didnt told you before that, i like to create maps.

2019-12-31 Tue 12:58:59
Darkhawk

alright thanks for the info and the videos ;)

2019-12-31 Tue 13:35:07

Can i find somewhere your tm logins? I would like to add you to my friends list, so i could join you when you are online. :)

2020-01-03 Fri 12:00:53
manster

Welcome to the forums!

2020-01-03 Fri 14:03:39

Thanks hamster! :)

2020-01-03 Fri 14:33:03
Driving God

I don't think we actually have a list of logins anywhere. After all, we are famous so everyone already knows ;)
And in the past, logins would be displayed on the websites of the competitions we played in, so it wasn't very necessary.
In any case, my login is zooz

2020-01-03 Fri 18:32:24
Profile ICQ

Thanks Zooz, i added you to my friends list.

2020-01-03 Fri 19:45:06
ThingKing

Our discussion was positive so we welcome you into CMC, initially with rookie status. :cmc: There isn't an active competition right now but folk are building maps for ULR3. We should have a get-together soon. fwiw my login is magnusk. I usually play TMX's KO on Friday evening.

There is some handy info in the CMC Introduction and Info Pack, including our discord server.

Welcome again! We hope you'll have a great time with us!

2020-01-05 Sun 15:39:02
Profile WWW
Driving God

Welcome! see you around :)

2020-01-05 Sun 18:48:04
Profile ICQ
Not 4giving

Welcome aboard!

My login is "forgot10", but you're unlikely to see me online without inviting me to play first. :P

2020-01-05 Sun 20:00:17
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next