View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2017-06-29 Thu 07:18:26

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Zombies or Undead in Reallife - Possible or not? 
Darkhawk

Post Zombies or Undead in Reallife - Possible or not?
Hey guys,

after watching many Zombie Apocalypse movies like Resident Evil, i wonde rif it would be possible for scientists to create something similar like.. well the T- Virus from RE or other ways shown in those movies.

Well my thoughts are, that it is not possible,atleast i don't think it would be with the current knowledge about science.

What do you guys think about this?

i know, this is a strange question . This question came into my mind out of nowhere amd i heard we may have some people who could know this :P

2013-07-02 Tue 19:58:45
Never Gonna Let You Down

Post Re: Zombies or Undead in Reallife - Possible or not?
Hmm, not quite how it is in films in any case...

I think there is some fungus or virus that infects ants and effecively makes them slaves to virus for a while, so if that counts as a Zombie, then who knows.

I don't think the whole "undead" thing really makes sense, since objects can't just get the energy to move from nothing. Takes quite a lot of energy just to move around a bit. The other point is that viruses need their hosts in order to survive. If a virus is too deadly (like ebola) then it doesn't have time to spread because the hosts die too quickly, and then its also homeless and dead.

Maybe something like rabies would be the most plausable candidate, which I think is sort of where there 28 days later films are coming from. Something that kind of "possesses" the host and makes it lose sense of reason, but isn't technically "undead" or anything. There's no reason why the disease couldn't be passed on by biting or blood etc.

Still, I'm not a biologist, and I haven't done much reading into viruses etc.

2013-07-02 Tue 20:17:16
Never Gonna Give You Up

Yeah, I think things that make you lose your mind and go crazy are the likely real-life bets. Nothing would ever get a corpse out the ground eating brains.

One could imagine a disease that just made you totally freak out and be ultra violent though - if that was easily spread it could do some damage...

2013-07-02 Tue 21:03:55
Darkhawk

yeah, the same thing i thought of.

One day, science will be at the point that it could get extremely dangerous for humanity. The thinks they already explore every day are dangerous enough but i guess it wont take long until the wrong people get the right recipe and then something bad happens.

Maybe not a Zombie Apocalypse, but imagine just a deadly poison or something in the air everywhere or a virus

2013-07-02 Tue 21:30:46
Graphician

Well, there are Apple fans...

2013-07-22 Mon 22:44:38
Statistical Boss

i like you.

2013-07-23 Tue 07:52:15
Hard Pony

JumperJack wrote:
i like you.

Our ranks are growing. :thumbur:

2013-07-23 Tue 10:15:23
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]