View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2017-08-20 Sun 17:29:23

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Lolita to join the infamous CDD clique? 

Post Lolita to join the infamous CDD clique?
Yo, I asked Forgot10 (Fun fact: I only figured his nick was supposed to form forgotTEN from the numbers in the end only years later after I met him. I always just spelled it as Forgot kymmenen as it's said in my native laguage :mrgreen:) if I could join your CDD stadium team for this 12th edition of STC and he directed me here instead saying :cmc: is serious shit and you don't just get to the team like that :x

Since DFF has long since been dead when it comes to anything leagues I am in need of a chill team to play the game I love with (well I don't enjoy TM2 that much but hey whatever) and your team is naturally what comes to mind first. I have conversed with most of you during the past few years and I think you have one of the stronger TM communities out there; Therefore I am interested in joining you in this edition of STC and maybe for the future stadium competitions like ESL as well if you are to participate in them.

I think most of you already know me from the United side as a mediocre player and as a bad late ET admin but I might as well introduce myself as a person:

I'm a 23 years old man from Finland who has been playing Trackmania from the late 2007, even though I only started to play the game more often when Canyon got released in 2011 and shortly after returned to TMU and started to play on leagues. I think of myself as a pretty laid back dude who likes to joke around and because of that I don't usually take things too seriously. My hobbies include listening to high quality instrumental hip-hop and reading underground experimental avant-garde manga. I also like to emulate old games from before the PS2 era and if you were to ask me what's the best video game out there I would tell you that it's none other than Final Fantasy IX. You may also know me from my bad Trackmania maps from :tmx: (link) as I really enjoy building tracks on the editor. My biggest achievements in the game include getting into GC finals twice (when most of the OG league drivers had already retired) and also winning MTC twice so far on United :mrgreen:

By the way, don't be too scared of me because of this nickname of mine as I am not a pedophile; I just picked it because it sounds cool and starts with a lol :geek:

I'm also a sworn pad player and have been playing with Logitech's F710 for years which I really like since the sticks are appropriately stiff. Don't try to tell me how joysticks are superior :x Since DFF is strictly known as a stadium team I probably don't need to prove that I can drive the environment (even if I'm not that great). If you have anything to ask feel free to do so! Sorry for the messy application.

:ogog:
(I have wanted to use this smile for years)

Last edited by lolita on 2016-08-24 Wed 16:35:09, edited 1 time in total.

2016-08-23 Tue 21:58:58
Not 4giving

Post Re: Lolita to join the infamous CDD clique?
lolita wrote:
Forgot kymmenen

Aw, that's so sweet.

:ogog: :ogog: :ogog:

2016-08-24 Wed 16:19:48
Profile ICQ
ThingKing

Welcome! This complex application will require an extended discussion period but we're putting our best hamsters on it and will get back to you asap.

lolita wrote:
high quality instrumental hip-hop

Some recommendations please?

2016-08-24 Wed 17:09:26
Profile WWW

That's fine as long as it's dealt by the deadline of September 11th for the registerations!

MixD wrote:
Some recommendations please?

Obligatory Madlib and all of his alternative projects (especially Yesterday's New Quintet) and then the rest in the alphabetical order: 9th Wonder, 40 Winks, BADBADNOTGOOD, Blazo, Blockhead, Chinese Man, Damu the Fudgemunk, Dday One, DJ Shadow, Dr. Who Dat, Gramatik, J Dilla, Jel, Jnyce, Joe Beats, Knxwledge, Metaform, Metal Fingers, Nomak, Nujabes, Oddisee, Oh No, Onra, Pete Rock, The Cancel and Uyama Hiroto.

There are the ones I can recommend but that's only scratching the surface since my journey to the beats is only in the beginning. Probably forgot some too.

2016-08-24 Wed 17:58:43
Darkhawk

Welcome on the forums, lolita :ogog:

2016-08-24 Wed 18:00:56
Radiant

lolita wrote:
Yo, I asked Forgot10 (Fun fact: I only figured his nick was supposed to form forgotTEN from the numbers in the end only years later after I met him. I always just spelled it as Forgot kymmenen as it's said in my native laguage :mrgreen:)

It's not just you. For me it was "forgot dziesięć" though :P Also I didn't figure the right pronounciation of Forgot10's nickname by myself, he told me :P
Welcome to the forums btw :)

2016-08-25 Thu 15:29:12

Good, I'm not the only dumb one then :party:

Thanks boys!

2016-08-25 Thu 17:19:42
le wild

Well, cba to read your entire application because that big wall of text shocked me, welcome to the forums! ;)

2016-08-26 Fri 09:49:08

One of my talents is writing essays when you can say the same thing in few words too :grad:

2016-08-26 Fri 13:54:49
Driving God

how strange for a Finnish person, in Finnish you can write an entire essay using a few words!

2016-08-26 Fri 16:31:54
Profile ICQ
ThingKing

lolita wrote:
Obligatory Madlib and all of his alternative projects (especially Yesterday's New Quintet) and then the rest [...]

Thanks! I have a lot of music to listen to then. ;)

After our internal discussion, I'm happy to welcome you to CDD's mercenary squad!

Loads of team information, including tag codes, can be found in the Info Pack.

Using our IRC channel is a good way to meet up and organise playing/training/matches.

We hope you'll have an interesting, fun, and successful time with us!

2016-08-27 Sat 15:45:36
Profile WWW
Darkhawk

Welcome to the team ! :ogog: :ogog:

2016-08-27 Sat 16:26:01

No prob, some of those artists also have albums full of feats so you may want to skip them, some of them are pure instrumental.

Thanks guys, happy to drive STC with all of ya :drive:
Can someone drop me the password by PM? Couldn't find it from the Info Pack!

2016-08-27 Sat 17:03:20
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]