View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2017-08-20 Sun 17:19:39

Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Trackmania 2 
Radiant

Post Re: Trackmania 2
Quote:
Rad - Wczoraj o 16:50
and doesn't sound too french as a word either :p
well, nevermind that
what did they do to canyon after 5 or 6 years?

eyebo - Wczoraj o 16:51
they changed the start to make it faster
which made times easier to beat

Rad - Wczoraj o 16:51
u gotta be kidding me

eyebo - Wczoraj o 16:51
but they also accidentally removed the speedslide physics
apparantly they did it when they made turbo, and then brought turbo canyon physics to maniaplanet
hylis isn't even sure how it happened
but now that it's been nerfed, he feels it's more fair for keyboarders, so he kept it

Rad - Wczoraj o 16:52
you know what

eyebo - Wczoraj o 16:52
but it killed the "feeling" many padders had on the enviro
made it feel more boring they say
I'm a kb'er so I didn't feel much difference personally

Rad - Wczoraj o 16:53
I actually understood you and agreed to lots of points u made in these 2 or 3 posts in that tm2 lagoon free after beta thread
as well as some tcq made

eyebo - Wczoraj o 16:53
thanks

Rad - Wczoraj o 16:54
though seeing this, reading this, I can now see haters were mainly right

eyebo - Wczoraj o 16:54
:P

2017-06-02 Fri 18:05:11
Darkhawk

Even eyebo couldn't defend Nadeo in his latest posts in the thread i posted earlier :P

Now i'm curious how this whole things goes on. Hylis already started talking it down with " you get used to it" :D Maybe he "gets used to it" aswell if nobody wants to play ruined games anymore xD

2017-06-02 Fri 22:51:49
Driving God

lol Nadeo

aw, I missed a chance to call kb players noobs. Not sure why Loli had to be such an asshole to specific people though.

2017-06-04 Sun 22:02:52
Profile ICQ
Like a Canyon Boss

I tried lagoon in demo mode in the new 'channel' thing in maniaplanet. It seemed kinda uninspired to me, but I think I could still enjoy it a bit if I were to buy it. Except for some reason the steering linearity feels completely messed up. Did I miss some setting for that or is it supposed to be extremely low sens when soft turning, and very high sens when hard steering?

2017-06-19 Mon 22:12:59
ThingKing

I think that's how the steering is meant to be. It's horrible. I presume it's still using the sweep steering technique from other envs (think of it as like variable lag for your steering), which makes it a crash-fest. Maybe without sweep steering it would have been an interesting difference, but then kb drivers are screwed.

I played a couple of times with the demo mode you mention. On most maps in a 5-minute TA it seems to be about who can finish whilst crashing the least number of times. It's just not fun. I've enjoyed Canyon and Valley when they've been on. Valley dirt handling is improved a lot.

2017-06-20 Tue 06:31:32
Profile WWW
Darkhawk

through a gift card from my brother i got Lagoon now "for free" :P

What i like: The handling especially on the wood platforms was improved a lot from Turbo but that's about everything positive i can say about this titlepack..

The handling is rubbish, the damn forced first person cam on magnet road on Nadeo Tracks is bullshit and ruins every good attempt at driving. I don't even know if this is Nadeo's attempt at making it look "cool and immersive" or if there would be camera probs otherwise. That said, i haven't played online yet or even tried any custom maps yet.

i tried with kb and pad and both don't really feel that different. The biggest issue with the handling is probably the input lag. I had the feeling that the car steers atleast half a second in the old direction before it goes on with the right input. Take this and the very narrow roads and you get a crashfest like Mix said.

I remember playing Island the first time in the Sunrise beta back then and it was way more appealing to me than Canyon, Valley and Lagoon together :/ it just doesn't feel "right"

2017-06-20 Tue 20:06:25
Like a Canyon Boss

This is so fucked up... how did they get to this point and thought: yes, this feels great, put it in. I feel like this is a bad parody of bay.

2017-06-21 Wed 12:33:12
Radiant

According to some calculations replays might even be around ~250MB one if track is full of trains :P

2017-06-21 Wed 16:37:37
Darkhawk

now that i've played some more lagoon i really came to hate it..

It just never feels like i have the full control of the car like on Stadium, Canyon and Valley. Put that together with the weird cam 2 ( because cam 1 is actually cam 2 from the other envis) and you quickly loose overview of where you have to go.

My advice: Stay as far away from this titlepack as possible. I don't think there is much difference with pad either!

2017-07-15 Sat 17:00:41
Reply to topic   [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20